PDA

View Full Version : Shad fishing 5-16

nightgoat
05-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Decided to see if I could find some shad in the American yesterday. About the fourth cast, fish on! After battling the fish for a couple of minutes I start to think "This is one tough shad!" then I catch a glimpse and think "That's no shad...". Eventually land a nice striper, around 8 lbs. :D

I did talk to a buddy who reports several shad caught yesterday on a different section of the A. So they are here!

flygolf
05-17-2006, 03:15 PM
I can confirm, fished for stripers yesterday and ended up catching shad instead. I would have rather had your luck instead.

robdog
05-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Eventually land a nice striper, around 8 lbs. :D

WOW =D> :eek: & you did this w/ a Fly??? Was this in shallow water or were you able to go down very deep for this one??? I am surprised that you didn't use anchovies or pile worms for that catch.

nightgoat
05-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey Rob,
Not just a Fly but a Shad Fly :D . I was fishing a dropoff where shad like to hangout before moving upriver. Cast across current with an integrated sinking line and swing the fly into the bucket. Mr. Striper hit right at the end of the swing :cool: :fish:

David Lee
05-18-2006, 04:25 AM
I can't even remember what Shad and Stripes look like ..... :crybaby: :paranoid: :(

David , the downtroden

Grub67
05-18-2006, 08:04 AM
Have been waiting to here about the bite. 8) I think I might risk fishing for them, any suggestions on a safe area to fish for them with out getting your vehicle broken into. Its to bad you have to weigh the pros & cons of fishing the American :(

Wednesday Caster
05-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Chapter 3: Fishing Stripers and Shad on the American
To catch stripers, one must procede under the guise that the intended quarry is shad. If it is one's desire is to pursue shad, he must show semblence of pursuing stripers.
:D #-o :D

Hairstacker
05-18-2006, 10:40 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: