PDA

View Full Version : fly show at Johnson's Bait and Tackle in Yuba City on May 20

Fuzz
05-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi guys,
I was told there's a fly show at Johnson's on May 20 but can't seem to find any info on the web. Can you point me in the right direction or just let me know who's going to be there and what's going on. Thanks!

Fuzz

Tony Buzolich
05-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Yes, I'm negligent in getting this out. Just a lot going on and in no way trying to compete with Bill's Expo from a couple of weeks ago. I hope this goes half as well.

Johnson's Bait & Tackle at 298 Garden Hwy. Yuba City is having it's first fly fair-demo day this coming Saturday May 20 from 10am to 2pm. and is focused around "Getting Acquainted With Fly Fishing"

We will have reps here from Scientific Angler (our Adam Grace), Winston Rods, Ross reels,Cortland, Diamondback Rods, Hendrix Tackle, Rio, Redington, and possibly TFO and Loomis. Hendrix is one of the largest suppliers of fly tackle in the western US and promises to bring lots of new products to show and sell as does Cortland/ Diamonback.

We will have a casting pond to try out any and all rods we carry, with prizes for the best casters.

We also will have tiers from the E.C.Powell Fly Club there demonstrating tying and letting newcomers try their hand at it.

And, a FREE BBQ lunch for all who attend.

So, if you come on up early, you can go chase stripers for a few hours at daybreak then stop on by Johnson's and say hi and have lunch.

I Hope this all comes together :oops:
TONY

Adam Grace
05-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Tony, I look forward to meeting you in person. It would also be nice to see other board members attend the show and chat for a while.

See you on Saturday.

flyer
05-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Tony, I look forward to meeting you in person. It would also be nice to see other board members attend the show and chat for a while.

See you on Saturday.

MR Grace, how did you get a job as a rep at SA given that you have never been a rep?? Did you contact SA? How did you know they had a opening?

Adam Grace
05-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Steve, I am not the representative for Scientific Angler's, that title belongs to my friend Jason Lozano, owner of Down By Then Water Fly Products who represents other quality fly fishing products such as Scott Fly Rods, Patagonia, Nautilus Fly Reels, Idylwilde Flies among others. I worked as a favor to Jay, he is very busy these days. He has been in the busness for a long time, not just anybody can represent the quality of products that Jay does.

Tony Buzolich
05-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Adam,

I just wanted to thank you again for all your help at the show and say that you did an excellant job. I can't imagine anyone doing a better job and helping out with everything that needed doing, especially the casting pond.

Now we've got to get out there and try some of those new Mastery Fly Lines.

What a suprise it was to see Bill there too. Without his guidance I don't know that I would have attempted to put this show on.

Thanks Again,
TONY

Darian
05-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Hey Guys,.... I visited the Expo and had a great time. Learned a few new patterns from the guys of E C Powell Fly Fishers and got an opportunity to operate a 7 1/2' "production" bamboo rod by Cortland(?). Brought back a bunch of good memories about bamboo rods. 8) 8)

Had a good conversation with Adam and Tony, spent the requisite amount of money, acquired some tips from a local Black Bass (gear) guy and had a great hamburger and potato salad. All in all, a very well spent morning. 8) 8)

I'll be back next year.... :D :D :D :D

Jason Lozano
05-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Adam,

Thank you for all of your help and a job well done! My only regret is that I wasn't able to attend. I look forward to attending it next year.

Jason Lozano
DBR Fly Products