PDA

View Full Version : Lessons I learned today on the Delta

Richard
05-16-2006, 04:46 PM
The water is really nice and warm now. :D :D

The fish are moving out from cover. :D :D

Topwater action is really beginning to heat up. :D :D

After raising your trolling motor always remember to secure it before you take the boat to full speed. :( :( :( I didn't lose the trolling motor but it was close and I had to return early to reattach the base plate for the trolling motor which ripped off, so I lost most of what should have been a great day on the water. :oops:

Live and learn. :roll:

Darian
05-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey Richard,.... Sound advice.... Pretty scary incident. Happy to hear you're OK. The boat can be repaired....

I've found that I had to make a checklist, similar to a pre-flight checklist) for my boating ventures as I tend to forget some things (aging is hell!!). :lol: :lol:

dreamingincolor
05-17-2006, 10:35 PM
at least it was only a day trip, i did almost same except mine did pull off and went down in 150' water on 2nd day of a five day trip. needless to say was not my best trip, but did give me an excuse to upgrade so all was not lost. anyway sorry for your lost day i know how precious any time lost from fishing is, glad to hear you kept motor and learned the lesson tho

HC
05-25-2006, 11:08 PM
At least you remembered to bring it up, I am guilty of forgetting this step. Also I have started the gas motor before tilting it down into the running position. Fish fever I guess! I have since put in a backer plate under the deck for a little more grip on the troller. HC