PDA

View Full Version : Folsom on Friday

MSP
05-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Well David's report wasn't very encouraging, but I fished it today and would have to say if you are dedicated to the fly rod it probably wasn't the greatest. I got 2 Spotties on the fly rod on a crawdad pattern but was locating the fish with my spinning rod and a Senko imitation. Definatelyly more action on the Worm. Best fish went around 3 1/2#. Got into a awsome Smallie bite on Tues. Didn't have the fly rod with me that day but they were swarming a small rocky point for a couple of hours. Largest on Tues was a 3# Smallmouth. I know I'm not worthy of calling myself a Flyfisher but then again I never said I was. Great fishing on Folsom till the Jet Skiers got going. Just waiting for the local waters to slow down a bit.

David Lee
05-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Hi MSP !

I was not trying to be discouraging , just being honest about how my day went . To be fair .... I HAVE heard that the north side (where you were fishing ...) has been MUCH more productive . I started out fishing for a reaction bite(fast streamers ...) and did not switch to a more 'neutral' presentation for several hours - thus, wasting a good chunk of time on the water . I had hoped that with 7 hours on the water , I could break the 'curse of three' ..... but it didn't happen :crybaby:

I did get a sun-fried face and eyes from glare early on :?

BTW - looks like your senkos do the trick ....

David