PDA

View Full Version : Where to drift...

Ryan
05-09-2006, 08:51 AM
I want to get out to the American for stripers soon... I used to drift it in my two man pontoon boat so I would walk it down from Gothe and drift to Watt... but now I have a drift boat... so I can't walk it down Gothe... does anyone have any idea what the most productive drift would be... keep in mind I don't have any kind of motors... lower river? upper river? Do I need a motor for the lower river? Any advice would be greatly appreciated... thanks allot!

Gregg Machel
05-09-2006, 02:44 PM
There is a shuttle service on the Lower American that is listed on our reports page. Check it out, I'm sure Joe will be able to give you an answer. http://www.kiene.com/reports/rivers/loweramerican.shtm

Charlie Gonzales
05-09-2006, 05:38 PM
I think that the only ramp thats closed is Howe ave. but the water has been just past the bottom of the hill at Gristmill so backing down should be fun. With the cold, high waters I would think any fish would be found low in the lower river(howe to discovery) but discovery is closed still so that float isnt possible w/out a motor to come back up. But, contrary to that theory is that with high water they can push through quickly.No offense, but if your new to the oars stay on water that your familiar with til the river isnt moving as rapidly; it can get tricky at times.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-09-2006, 09:09 PM
I would wait a week or two and I bet it will be down to 5,000 cfs.

I could be dangerous out there now.