PDA

View Full Version : Bass are slowly waking up in our area...

jbird
05-06-2006, 07:07 AM
Mark and I have been hitting his swamp with the weather heating up. Tho the weather was in transition when we went out yesterday. We thought the fishing would be a lot hotter than it was. Mark spotted hundreds of big carp the day before, sunning on the surface in a little 2 acre pond. yesterday, they were all gone. They must have been pushed down by the dropping atmospheric pressure? The bass and sunfish were not cooperating either. What is the magic water temp you guys like for aggressive bass?
We did manage to hook 3 large bass. Or should I say, one large bass and two "good Lord thats a huge fish" bass. We only got the one large one to the boat. One of the huge ones was at dusk with one of my balsa poppers. I was daydreaming cause I hadnt had a bite in a very long time, When my popper dissapeared into a hole that openned up in the water the size of a coffee can! I set up on her and it felt like a truck. 3 seconds later she spit my popper out at me and gave me the finger.
We got a few nice crappie too, but for the most part, they were uncooperative as well.

Jay

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/jbird35/DSC04235.jpg

Darian
05-06-2006, 07:43 AM
It looks and sounds like ou guys had a good time. Three nice Bass is tough to beat.

As to ideal water temps for Bass, I haven't really paid that much attention. I just fish whenever I get the chance. In this area, shallow ponds will heat up very quickly in a normal year but large/deep reservoirs can have warm surface and cool water temps at depth well into fall.... I haven't fished much up in your area but imagine it isn't a lot different than here with the exception that Bass season may be shorter due to weather changes. :? 8) 8)