PDA

View Full Version : Delta Water is Warming Up - I'm still cold as ice

Richard
05-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Up on the Delta today. (First outing since I came down with pneumonia.) Water temp is up :) :) :) According to my fishfinder it was in the 60's so the bass should be beginning to move. But the wind was also up (whitecaps on Frank's Tract). :( Good casts :) to lot's of good spots :) but NADA :( :( And it wasn't only me, didn't talk to anyone who seemed to be doing anything memorable. Maybe I should have given up on the topwater, but I'm just stuborn I guess.:roll: But I think that it's time to get out and see if you can't do better than I did. Bucketmouth season is here :) :) :)

mikenewman
05-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi Richard
I was out for a few early hours yesterday and it was a topwater corpse. They are either delirious with spawn-fever or concussed from the amount of heavy stuff being chucked by the hundreds of gear guys out there for the big tourney. :lol:
Anyway, it's great you are back in action: here's to your season :thumbsup: :fish:
Mike

Richard
05-04-2006, 08:35 AM
I was wondering why all the trailers parked where there are normally none on a Tuesday and why there were expensive bass boats all over the place. Just my luck to get out right where everyone is prefishing for a 200 boat bass tourney. Well, it should be better next week, if they haven't put down every fish in the Bethel Island area for a month. :?

As a side note, is it just me or has boating etiquette changed? :( When my dad taught me how to run a boat we always slowed down when we passed close to someone who was stopped and fishing. Now I have people charge past me only yards away while I am standing on the bow of my little boat and send up waves as high as the gunnels of my boat. Not everyone, but it's particularly noticeable in those in a space craft disguised as a boat. :x

mikenewman
05-04-2006, 11:53 AM
I've twice had guys speed through between me and the levee wall when I've been pitching at it. Fortunately it's been when I've been casting lead core for stripers. If I'd been using a floater I reckon I would have been given an unwanted skiing session up Sandmound slough.