PDA

View Full Version : Bass in trouble.

Sturmer White
04-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Tomarow the bass better bewhere. David Lee, Ron Hayashi,Tom Ross and me. are going on a bass fishout. David is primed and ready.Capt. Ron has been tying his secret fiies.Tom has his special poppers ready and I am going along to make sure they release'em alive. Oh! Yeah! no live bait David. :D

Hairstacker
04-30-2006, 01:00 PM
Good luck guys!! Sure hope one of you remembers to bring the camera. :nod:

SullyTM
05-02-2006, 07:12 AM
Life insurance premium paid up??? :D David is a bass catching master...Have fun Sturmer! SullyTM

David Lee
05-04-2006, 03:08 PM
The 'catching' was not quite what it should have been ..... but I've NEVER seen that many fish anywhere !!!

Felt like I was at an Aquarium - :shock:

David :D

Wingman
05-04-2006, 08:33 PM
David,

I have been waiting for the stories and photos! Give us the details! :P :evil:

Wingman

David Lee
05-04-2006, 11:36 PM
David,

I have been waiting for the stories and photos! Give us the details! :P :evil:

Wingman

Details ????

The venue - Rancho Seco (my first trip there ...)

Numbers ??

Sturmer was top rod , I think .... with well over twenty to hand , along w/ a MASSIVE Sunfish . Tom and Ron (both swell Cats .... good w/ chatter and assorted stuff) caught a bunch - I was low rod w/ 4 Bass and a few Sunnies and one lonesome 13 inch crappie .

Temps were mid-70's , vis. was 8 feet :shock: , and lots of folks out fishing on a Monday (including a MEATHEAD that pulled into the cove I was sittin' in .... while watching the Redears spawning ..... pulled up 12 feet away and cast his rig OVER my flyline !! He kept a mess of those spawners while I fumed away ....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ) .

Hot fly was Sturmers scud hook crystal/marabou/beaded Damsel whatchamacallit .

BTW - Sturmer has accused me of 'spreading it on thick' occasionally ..... but I've never heard so much bull as the three of them recounting days gone by ...... Great fun with great guys , just wish someone had brought Beers :idea:

I'm about the luckiest bastard on the planet to have been in the middle of those fellows .

Wingman
05-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Great report David! Isn't Rancho Seco a nice spot. Too bad about the a$$hole. Just like the jerks doing the smash and grabs. No respect for others. Another fun spot, until it dries up, is the lake at the Broderick boat ramp. I've been the a couple of times with my float tube. Nothing real big but lots of fun teasing and hooking, and releasing crappie, bluegill, bass, and my buddy caught a small striper. I didn't count it though because he was throwing spin bait! :evil: :D

Wingman

Grub67
05-05-2006, 09:55 AM
I was thinking of taking my son camping down there for a weekend this summer. It would be are first time fishing it, Can you have good success fishing from the bank or should I bring a boat. Any recommendations would be appreciated Thanks

David Lee
05-05-2006, 05:56 PM
I was thinking of taking my son camping down there for a weekend this summer. It would be are first time fishing it, Can you have good success fishing from the bank or should I bring a boat. Any recommendations would be appreciated Thanks

Hi Grub -

I think it can be done from shore .... but by summer , there will be a LOT of weedbeds from the bank out 50 or so feet . I'd have to have a floattube or boat to really get it done .

Darian
05-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Ahhhhh Yessss,.... The ol' scud hook, CMBDW fly..... Works every time!! :lol: :lol:

Anyway,.... I'm not sure you can cover all of Rancho Seco from the shoreline as the back part of it is on private property (I know this having snuck over in there to fish on occasion, myself) :shock: :shock:

IMHO, the best fishing is along the shoreline in that section. It can easily be reached by some sort of flotation and if you're not familiar with Rancho Seco, outboard motors are not allowed there. So, a boat that is powered by an electric trolling motor or oars is OK.... 8) 8) 8)

Great place for a family outing and first fishing trip.... :D :D :D