PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Park Lake

Grub67
04-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Checked out the lake today during lunch. The bass where pretty tight lipped. Saw a lot of bass in the shallows. Talked to a guy from Marin who fished the morning and did pretty well. I would recommend fishing the morning or in the afternoon. The water visibility was around 3-4 feet

Eugene Graham
04-28-2006, 07:06 PM
I was out in my new Kayak today also. Even though I did not get to fish, I was seeing bass all over the place in the shallows. I will be fishing it tomorrow. I would suspect topwater in the evenings (frog patterns) and subsurface in the afternoons (leeches & wooly buggers)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-28-2006, 10:59 PM
I would go on week nights after work and fish till dark.

I think that early morning till noon would be good.

5pm till dark is my favorite with May being a top month.

We like those Umpqua Swimming Frogs.

You will have better luck casting into the banks from a float tube, pontoon boat, canoe or kayak. Cast in to the shore line or to the outside edge of the weed beds. Don't move the fly much.

daroz
04-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Hi,
I'm one of the guys from Marin who fished the Cameron Lake yesterday. We heard about it from this board and are very appreciative. We had a ball...my buddy kept count and we landed a total of 67 fish (59 LMB and 8 bluegill) with the largest one being 15 inches and most in the 12 to 14 size range. The hot fly for us was a damsal nymph trailing a leech. Interestingly, we did very well in the afternoon but the bite turned off on us later in the day, around 4:30 - 5PM and we called it quits about 6PM. Cameron is a great float tube lake and even though it's in the midst of a residential area, it's quite nice with good facilities.
Dave

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-29-2006, 10:21 AM
That's great..............

Isn't the Internet wonderful?

Fishing two flies is getting to be a deadly system in many fisheries.

Thanks

PS: Being 'catch-n-release' is one serious thing that gives Cameron Park Lake an edge.