PDA

View Full Version : Feather River Report

Tony Buzolich
04-28-2006, 08:31 AM
For those of you who are craving some striper action the Feather has really started to turn on.

For the past two weeks stripers have exploded for the bait guys fishing pile worms and sardines but this past week the water has cleared enough for flies to used and will continue to just get better.
I've been on the water every day this week and have been getting stripers up to 10lbs for my clients all on the fly.
These are almost all males and only a few small females are starting to show. Besides bait, jigging has been very effective and now a few guys are starting to throw rubber worms as well.

It's just to going to keep getting better,
TONY

nightgoat
04-28-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the report Tony. I was thinking about either the Feather or the Delta tomorrow, since the trout opener looks pretty dismal. Good to know there might be some action in store! :D 8)

Adam Grace
04-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Tony, where or what general area are you fishing for stripers on the Feather?

Tony Buzolich
04-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Hi Adam,

There are stripers throughout the river in our area around Yuba City. The best numbers are coming from between the Bear and Live Oak. Yesterday, we explored the Yuba from the mouth all the way to above Hallwood. Still really cold up there but some great trout showing.

As the water warms a bit more on both rivers things will really get going for the fly guys. Still cold at 51-53 degrees.
TONY