PDA

View Full Version : Computer Question

Jay Murakoshi
04-25-2006, 04:29 PM
I know, it says general fly fishing but this is sort of fly fishing oriented.

This has to do with Adobe Photo shop 3. I have a photo I'm trying to enhance and change. How do you go about changing the background color. If I recall reading something, you need to make a layer and then make the changes to that or can you change the original. I also remember seeing somthing about outlining the subject and then changing the background.

This is a photo for the Renzetti catalog so I need to have it looking presentable.

Thanks

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Jay,

You might bring it by on a disc and let Andy play with it.

He is off Tues/Wed.

Gregg Machel
04-26-2006, 12:02 AM
Jay,
Probably the best way to do this is through using the magic wand. Here are a few websites that explain it.

http://www.mediacollege.com/graphics/photoshop/tool/magic-wand.html
http://websitetips.com/articles/photoshop/magicwand/

Another way is to enlarge the photo to 500% or so and carefully use the eraser tool and trim away the background you do not want, and then put in the background you do want as a new layer.

There are several people on this board that I know are good at Photoshop, but it's difficult to explain online. It's the sort of thing that once you are shown how to do it or do it step by step through a book, then you have it.

Good luck, and if you need some help with it, you can do as Bill suggested and get it to Andy, or email it to me and I could take a look at it too.

Jay Murakoshi
04-26-2006, 08:05 AM
I'll try erasing and then filling in. I would bring it to Andy but I"m heading to baja shortly.
Gregg, I should talk to you regarding the changes to my site. I just received a copy of Front Page 2003 from a friend of mine who lives in Seattle and still works part time for MS. His other adventure is fishing.

I just read part of the instructions and while I'm in Baja, I'm going to sketch out how I want the site to look like

I'll keep in touch

Thanks Bill and Gregg