PDA

View Full Version : Add "Local Ponds" to our fish reports info

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-20-2006, 09:06 AM
We are going to add a new category"Local Ponds" to our fish reports area.

Cameron Park Pond

Mather Pond

Rancho Seco Pond

Arden Pond

We will put info on how to get there and a map of the lake and as much information as possible to help people find a place to catch a few fish.

What other ponds do you think we should included near Sacramento?

I know there are hundreds though.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Besides Cameron Park, Rancho Seco, Mather Pond and Arden Pond can you think a few more that are not a hugh secret?

Darian
04-25-2006, 09:51 PM
How about Lake Natomas or D'Agostini Pond??????? I know a lot of people ignore Natomas one but it does have some good cold/warm water fishing at times..... 8) 8) 8)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks Darian

Because it has some good regulations about speed it makes a great fly fishing lake.

It has a very large variety of fish too.

We will ad it to the Reports page soon.

We can have some evening Hexagenia fish-outs there too in mid-summer.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-25-2006, 09:59 PM
We have some of it up already........

http://www.kiene.com/reports/index.htm

The Local Ponds are at the bottom of the list.

Grub67
04-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Bannister Ponds

I have never fished it but, it is a option. There are four ponds the furthest near the river with the island is the most productive from what I have read.

Directions From 50 take sunrise exit go left- just after the bridge about 2 lights take a left on Fair Oaks. You'll go about a mile or so then take a L on Bannister

Adam Grace
04-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I have a pleasant memory of fishing Bannister ponds, located right along the American river(below the Sunrise area, above San Juan Rapids.) I have had some fun time fishing those ponds with and without my float tube. The walk is a little long while carrying a tube but I enjoyed the tube fishing.

Good suggestion for Bannister Ponds!