PDA

View Full Version : Any Bass Lakes

Jay Murakoshi
04-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Any lakes withing the sacramento area that are fishable for bass. I thought about packing a light rod and doing some fishing this coming week. I know for sure, I'll be tying flies in the motel room from time to time. And I'll be visiting Kiene's for materials that I forget and hopefully seeing a few of you this coming weekend.

My the sunshine upon us :P

Jay

Darian
04-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey Jay,.... The few local ponds that I have faith in when the waters high are Rancho Seco and Mather Pond. Both have a limited in-flow/out-flow so the water stays relatively clear. Mather is shallower than Rancho Seco and probably warms faster. Of course, wind is always a problem at Rancho Seco. It helps to have a flotation device available at either pond...

Have fun and good luck.... :D :D

Terry Thomas
04-18-2006, 07:59 AM
They have been planting salmon fry in Folsom Lake. I'm sure there are a lot of bass quite happy with addition to the food chain! Jay, check out the Rattlesnake Bar side and bring some of those new patterns that you will be tying up.
Terry

Ben-doc
04-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Fished Mather Lake this afternoon/evening for the first time. Plenty of Bluegill and Redear Sunfish in there...got around 15 of those, and managed one little smallmouth, all on a #14 black nymph. Was just wading, but saw someone in a boat catch a pretty decent sized bass (black?) on a spin-rod. Anyway, nothing huge but it sure was fun.

Adam Grace
04-20-2006, 10:56 AM
I've never heard of smallmouth in Mather before. Good for you.