PDA

View Full Version : BC fishing in late July

BSD
04-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Hi All,

I am trying to start planning a trip to the BC area in late July. I will be travelling by car, going up from Seattle and am looking for any suggestions or tips. We are looking to drive in, do some fishing, continue on, do some more fishing, and repeat. I like chasing steelhead and salmon, but my brother likes to go after rainbows - I am hoping to alternate a day on one species, then another on the next day.

Does anyone know of any good books or web sites that might help me plan this trip? Also if you have any personal experience of highway fishing in BC near the border please share.

All comments appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Some of that world class lake fishing near Kamloops, BC is best in May/June so if you are going in late July you need to be fishing a little higher elevation for trout because it warms up there just like here.

July is 'prime time' for pristine dry fly fishing around Fernie, S.E. BC on the Elk River and the Saint Mary River for trout. Be sure to go there.

I guess you might find some Steelhead in some 'drive along' BC rivers in July but you will have to really work on that. Sept/Oct would be better.

I have some BC contact info if you need it.