PDA

View Full Version : Bauer Crab

pat4jaws
04-13-2006, 04:38 AM
Recipe would be appreciated. Just returned from week at Blue Horizon Lodge. A GREAT trip!

Tony Buzolich
04-13-2006, 08:24 AM
Besides tying more crab patterns, how did you do? Is Lincoln still running things?

I've been there a half dozen times and can't wait to go back for more.
Those guys are SOOooooo permit oriented it almost gets tiring after the first few stalks every morning. Fishing for permit is like hunting and stalking a deer, all site work.

Every day after chasing permit for a while we'd tell the guide that day lets go catch somethying else. There is so much there, bones galore on a 6w., tarpon on 12w, and jacks everywhere. For some real fun and a change of scenery plan a day going back up the Sittee River for snook and looking at crocs and iguanas.

As for crab patterns, try using olive or tan felt with rubber legs and mono eyes. Worked best for us.

Can you tell I love it there?
TONY

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-13-2006, 09:24 AM
Yes, when you get time please write us a lengthly report on that trip.

I went there the first year it was open and really love Lincoln Westby, the owner.

pat4jaws
04-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Working on article for Onshore-Offshore magazine about trip. Broke off a 22 pound fish third day in morning and landed a 13 pound fish in the afternoon, with Lincoln. Cannot say enough about Lincoln. Every word he says should be written down! Last day landed another, fishing with Dave Westby. Four fish caught that week in Lodge. Most fish seen on first couple days. Worked crab too fast! Can't wait to go back. My first permit trip. Staff were great.