PDA

View Full Version : Really hot new fly fishing DVD by local Nor Cal guide.......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-11-2006, 10:06 PM
......Mike Weir.

'The Trout Bum Diaries, Volume 1, Patagonia'

Mike has filmed and produced 'Fish Eye #1' & 'Fish Eye #2' in the past few years.

Mike guides out of the 'Tahoe Fly fishing Outfitters' for owner Victor Babit.

You really need to see this DVD. We rent it for $1/day or you can buy one for $24.95

I will guarantee that you will never see fishing like there is on this DVD.

We played it for the first time today in the shop and everyone stopped to watch it. Wild.....................

http://www.fisheyevideos.com/

Gregg
04-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Mike's videos are always impressive. They are a breath of fresh air in the fly fishing world, definitley worth owning. Great footage, insightful commentary, and really good music.

FoothillFlyFisher
04-12-2006, 06:54 AM
Just received my copy of " The Trout Bum Diaries " and watched it last night.

Unbelievable action.... Mike and his fishing partners do it again with a great movie. The fishing and the footage are spectacular, these guy's put there hearts and souls into there effort, and it show's. If you have never seen Mike's work, you've got to check it out. It's worth it....

Michael Weir spent part of his youth living in my home town of Plymouth. He's a very pleasent, helpful and talented young man.

Don't forget to check out "Fish Eye Three" "Get Bent", that will release this summer....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-12-2006, 07:24 AM
Hello Foothill FFer

I am related to the Wolins east of Plymouth on the south side of the Cosumnes River.

FoothillFlyFisher
04-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Hello Bill

I've heard the Wolin name, but I don't know the family. Not to meny people know where Plymouth is, even if they've live in the Sac. area most of there lives. Plymouth and Amador County is growing, I don't think it will be so small town in another ten years...

So since you know the area, have you ever fished the Consumnes River?

Have a great day Bill. Remember someday the rain will end?!?!?!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Much of that river is private now but from down near Slough House and up past Plymouth a ways there are Smallmouth Bass.

I have snorkeled it where Hwy 49 crosses it years ago but I believe it is private now.

It is one of the best swimming rivers in CA because it actually warms up a bit in the summer like the lower Feather River.

I think it dries up down near I-5 and Hwy 99 in the summer.

Up in the mountains I believe it has trout too.

If you can access it near Plymouth you can catch Smallmouth with Muddlers and Hoppers. I would try evening in June/July/August/Sept. Big black leeches and woolly buggers work too.

jmccandless
04-14-2006, 02:26 PM
I bought this DVD and it's awesome! It's a great collection of some amazing fishing and the escapades the guys had during the trip.

Reminded me alot of the ski movies we used to watch back when I was in high school (Scott Schmidt, Glen Plake, etc)...