PDA

View Full Version : Bass Feeding Video

Adam Grace
04-08-2006, 11:58 AM
A while back my roomate and I caught 5 bass from the pond to transplant into his large fishtank. We also caught two bluegill. Sadly the two bluegill have been killed by two differnt bass that attempted to eat them. Below are some cool pictures of what that looked like. At the bottom is a short video of them feeding.

The biggest bass with the biggest bluegil:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/flyguyag/fishing/IMG_2241.jpg

A medium sized bass with the smallest bluegill:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/flyguyag/fishing/IMG_2235.jpg

We feed the bass feeder goldfish every week.

I love to watch the carnage! :twisted:

Here's a video of the remaining bass eating some feeder goldfish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYj_r9T1ux8

Jasonh
04-08-2006, 12:14 PM
That is really cool Adam. Shows how quick those bass are to ambush their prey. Pretty soon you are going to have to get a bigger tank or let those things go if you keep feeding them like that.

Jason Hartwick

sculpin
04-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Great pictures Adam. I have found several bass in the past that have choked and died on fish they tried to eat that were to big.
I have a question for you guys that are tech savy. I can't view your video or any others in You Tube that people send to me or forward links to. Is there something I have to load on my computer to view them?

Mark

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-08-2006, 02:50 PM
That video clip looked like "eat-n-run".

Stripers that size will actually kick those BBs butts in an aquarium.

Darian
04-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Hey Mark,.... Usually a video file requires an application (software) to open it. Something like Quicktime. There are others but I've found Quicktime to be the best for my use. Frequently, Quicktime comes pre-loaded on a computer. If you conmputer is a Window's based machine, you could open Windows explorer thru the Start Programs funstion and click on Applictions. Quicktime may be listed there. Another concern is the amount of memory required to open/run videos. It's usually substantial.

If you click on a video file and the computer is unable to open the file, it should display an error message in a dialogue box. If that happens, write it down and take it to techie for some advice. If the file is slow to open or just won't open (no message) it could be the memory problem. You might have to add more memory.

Hard to do this at a distance. Good luck.

sculpin
04-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Darian
Thanks for the help. I do have Quicktime on my computer. It must be something is screwed up. My computer is a new Dell so I imagine the memory is ok. I just get a black screen that says loading and it never does. Oh well, I guess I need a kid to fix it for me. Thanks again .

Mark

Adam Grace
04-09-2006, 01:29 AM
I have wanted to post a video of the feeding for a while. Just found youtube.com because of another board members post about feeding bass, I think Hairstacker posted it.

So I gave it a try...fun stuff.

If I get anymore cool feeding videos I'll post them.

Hairstacker
04-11-2006, 11:45 AM
These are great Adam, I love this kind of stuff. 8) Yeah, I posted the bass feeding video in the Warmwater section in the thread titled, "Eureka."

Youtubes.com can be fun to visit when you're bored. For some silly stuff, check out the "Korean Madness" video in the "Top Favorites" section.