PDA

View Full Version : What a Couple of Days of Sun Will Do

Tony Buzolich
04-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Yep,
They're here and have been here for quite a while too, they just would'nt eat. Well today was a different kind of day.
The rivers are still very high and fast, but the sun was out, and people were out, and the stripers started eating. Now I'm not talking fly fishing but that'll start happening real soon. The stripers are eating pile worms, and sardines, and ghost shrimp, and just about any other kind of bait you'd thread on to a hook.

All afternoon, we had customers coming in saying they got in to them. Repeat customers buying dozens and dozens of pile worms, some even buying flats of worms and heading right back out.
Maybe it was just a Friday afternoon but we had more than the usual number of trucks and boats coming in buying bait.

Several of the guys mentioned seeing fish being caught right off the bank near our store so on my way home I stopped at the Yuba City ramp to see what was going on. Sure enough, there was a boat pulling in with three of my customers that I recognized. I asked how they did and all gave a great thumbs up and each had limited with fish up to 12#-13#.

They said that everybody was hooking up around them where they were anchored just above Shanghai Bend.

So, it looks like things are starting to change. Will this new rain put things back into the duldrums again? Guess we'll just have to wait and see. :P
TONY