PDA

View Full Version : Kiene's is an Orvis affiliate Online store now

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-31-2006, 10:44 AM
We have been an Orvis dealer for many years carrying mostly their fly fishing products.

Orvis is one of the largest companies in our industry even worldwide.

They are famous for their warranty policies which are more than generous.

If you go to the Orvis link above and purchase anything Online from them, we get a commission from that sale. It is all the same cost to you but it would help support our fly shop and our message board. This is a way Orvis can help support its long term dealers.

We have sold over $20,000 worth of Orvis fly reels and extra spools in the past 12 month cycle so that should tell you something about Orvis' popularity in the fly reel market place today.

http://images.orvis.com/orvis_assets//prodimg/72ERG4FF_lg.jpg

This is their hottest seller today....the Battenkill Mid-Arbor.

Hairstacker
03-31-2006, 11:12 AM
My experience with Orvis has been outstanding. I remember once I needed a new handle for my Orvis large arbor barstock reel -- turned out they didn't have one in stock, so they just gave me a whole brand new spool! :shock: Another time, I was standing around in an Orvis store when a guy brought in an Orvis rod he had busted up in Alaska. The Orvis store manager asked the guy all kinds of questions about the trip, how the fishing was, etc., but not once did he ask him how the rod broke or for information to confirm warranty registration -- he just simply replaced the rod on the spot and congratulated the guy on a great trip. Bottom-line, I'm convinced if I ever have a problem with my Orvis gear, they will take care of it.

Wingman
03-31-2006, 12:18 PM
I agree. Orvis has outstanding customer service even with mail order customers. :)

sculpin
03-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Bill
I'm glad to know your shop will get a nick for orders thru the Orvis link. You provide a great place for us to play and we should help pay the bills.

Mark

steve sullivan
04-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Most of the reels come with free backing and any line. You can get a barstock reel for $99 and line and backing that is almost worth that much.