PDA

View Full Version : Discounted Deschutes River drift trip

Peg Miskin
03-28-2006, 10:23 PM
I have a Deschutes River drift trip through Flyfishers Place in Sisters, Or available for purchase. Market value $400, will discount to $300. Person who bid and won it at our 2005 Casting for Recovery auction unable to use. Drift usually goes in at Warm Springs and out at Trout Creek about 12 river miles. Fishing for fast and furious Redband trout. Have done the drift myself numerous times and it's great.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-29-2006, 12:53 AM
Peggy has my permission to put this info here because it is for a good charity.

Peg Miskin
03-29-2006, 10:27 AM
And thanks to you Bill for letting me do it! For those of you who are not familiar with Casting for Recovery, we provide all expense paid weekend flyfishing retreats for women, 14 at a time, who are in all stages of breast cancer. Some are in chemo, others are cancer free. 34 retreats in 24 states at this time. Two in No. Calif. that service counties of San Francisco, Sonoma, Marin, Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Shasta and Colusa. This year's retreats early August and late September. Working on adding a third in 2007 to bring in Sacramento area. Although we immerse them in the awesome world of flyfishing, with gear provided by Orvis, what they really get is a chance to be in the moment and take a break from cancer. A humbling experience for those of us that guide and instruct at the retreats.

Learn more at:

http://www.castingforrecovery.org/