PDA

View Full Version : Things to do while waiting-out the storms ....

David Lee
03-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Right !!

It doesn't look like the greater Sacramento area will be in PRIME fishable condition anytime soon .... so here are a few ideas to keep ya from crawlin' the walls too much :idea:

#1. - Go fishing . The ocean isn't blown , sierra lakes will give up Mackinaw , Rainbows , and Browns right now (dress warm , please ...) , and valley lakes have a few chilly Bass and Trout to play with . Avoid swollen rivers (drowning isn't cool) .

#2. - Practice your casting . If you're like me (not a whole lot of time fishing as of late) , it can't hurt to go to the park , or better yet a pond ... and get your cast together . Conditions won't suck forever .... so get into shape so you can enjoy the end of the 'hard' times . Staking paper plates on the lawn from 15 to 50 feet away from your casting spot ..... hit each one . I promise you will be :evil: FEARSOME :evil: if you practice three times a week over the next few months !!

#3. - Get together w/ your fishing friends for group fly tying , rigging , BSing , etc. - You never know what kind of savage plots are born outta hangin' w/ buddies . Plus - miserey loves company ... yeah ??

#4. - Plan a trip for the future . At least it'll take whatever's left of your
mind off of the never-ending winter . Plan what flies to tye/buy , gear you'll need , biting critters to avoid , etc. .....

#5. - Sort out your tackle . Or photos . Or tying area .

Stay dry ... and try to stay sane :? :cry: :!:

David :lol:

Wednesday Caster
03-28-2006, 03:30 PM
#4 for me.
Got hotel booked for 5/4-5/7 this morning. It'll be a family gathering but what are they going to be doing at 5:30am anyway? They wont miss me one second (at least 'til 11) and all I'll miss is the cholesterol binges- ever notice how much eggs bacon and sausage we eat at family get-togethers?
More importantly, what should I target on the A around that time?

MSP
03-28-2006, 03:31 PM
David you forgot a few things:

1. Play pool

2. Vacuum the house

3. Shampoo the rug

4. Hang curtains

5. Watch TV

6. Get a job

7. Bird Watch

8. And most important, chat on this board!

Did I miss anything?

Oh yea, drink beer!

I also heard the ocean was about to spill over the dam!

David Lee
03-28-2006, 03:57 PM
#4 for me.
Got hotel booked for 5/4-5/7 this morning. It'll be a family gathering but what are they going to be doing at 5:30am anyway? They wont miss me one second (at least 'til 11) and all I'll miss is the cholesterol binges- ever notice how much eggs bacon and sausage we eat at family get-togethers?
More importantly, what should I target on the A around that time?

Shad , Stripes , Steelhead .

PM inbound

David

Wingman
03-28-2006, 09:04 PM
David,

#3 Lets have a tying get together/demo. I'd love to see what goes into your surprise saltwater box! :evil: :P :D

Wingman

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-28-2006, 10:26 PM
I you guys want to come to the shop a tie flies on a rainy Sat/Sun be my guest.

We can clean off the table out front and have a fun group tying session.