PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at Jeff Putnam's new Spey casting DVDs

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-25-2006, 09:37 AM
http://jpflyfishing.com/video/index.htm

Jeff is selling these online to people all over the USA and in Europe now too.

Is that wild or what?

Click on this link above to actually see a sample of these great instructional DVDs.

steve sullivan
03-25-2006, 03:01 PM
What is really wild will be in a couple of years when his video is in all the shops that sell spey stuff, and when people hear the name "Jeff Putnam" they will say "hey, he is that Spey guy with spey videos, like Simon Gawesworth". In a couple of years when he has the name recognition Simon Gawesworth has *THEN* *THAT* will be wild.

David Lee
03-25-2006, 04:09 PM
What is really wild will be in a couple of years when his video is in all the shops that sell spey stuff, and when people hear the name "Jeff Putnam" they will say "hey, he is that Spey guy with spey videos, like Simon Gawesworth". In a couple of years when he has the name recognition Simon Gawesworth has *THEN* *THAT* will be wild.

"Yeah , right" ?!?

Bit of a cheap shot there steve -

Jeff is pretty well known , and as fine of a caster as any I've seen . A congratulation would be more in order than a slap , don't you think ??

David

Rick J
03-26-2006, 01:59 PM
I've got Jeff's first DVD and while the information on it can be found on a number of other instructional videos, Jeff has some new ways of presenting the information that I found very clear and that I have not seen before. Great infromation presented in a very clear manner - great job Jeff!!!!

steve sullivan
03-26-2006, 06:22 PM
[quote=steve sullivan]What is really wild will be in a couple of years when his video is in all the shops that sell spey stuff, and when people hear the name "Jeff Putnam" they will say "hey, he is that Spey guy with spey videos, like Simon Gawesworth". In a couple of years when he has the name recognition Simon Gawesworth has *THEN* *THAT* will be wild.

Did you even read what I wrote? The "yeah, right" was tongue in cheek. How you cant figure that out by what I wrote is beyond me. Yeah, saying his video will be in all the spey shops and he will have the name recognizition of simon gawesworth was a real slap in the face <sarcasm>.
I met Jeff in Medford and he is a real nice guy, and put on a superb casting demo.

He is such a nice guy I wont worry about my comments about him being the next simon Gawesworth make his head too big.

Hairstacker
03-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Steve, I think maybe you should re-read what you wrote? You started with, "Yeah right." You ended with, ". . . when he has the name recognition Simon Gawesworth has *THEN* *THAT* (your emphasis) will be wild." Sounded like you were downplaying Jeff's accomplishment. I now know that wasn't intended, based on your most recent explanation but, nevertheless, that's how your first post came across to me as well.

Gregg
03-28-2006, 01:36 PM
I got the same vibe. Maybe "yeah, right!" instead of "yeah right" would have clarified your sentiment better, Sully. I definitley got the vibe that you were downplaying Putnam's success, which, in my opinion has been great for the last couple of years. Is it just me, or do most of Sullivan's posts end in some kind of drama, then eventually get deleted?

steve sullivan
03-28-2006, 02:31 PM

"Yeah , right" ?!?

Bit of a cheap shot there steve -

Jeff is pretty well known , and as fine of a caster as any I've seen . A congratulation would be more in order than a slap , don't you think ??

David

Ok, to make things clear, congratulations Jeff, I am sure soon your name will be up their with Simon Gawesworth as a spey superstar.

rhelliott
03-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Jeff has my respect for a person to work in a field that they truely love and succeed at it is fantastic. Many of us have worked in jobs that we hated only to lived for the weekends. I saw Jeff in the store yesterday and wished him the best. I hope he continues he great success. In my opinion Jeff is a great guy, he has the personality and ability to teach and relate to people. If I was Jeffs age again. I would be chasing my dreams instead of the corporate ladder.