PDA

View Full Version : truckee in NV

slage
03-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Thinking about hitting the Truckee on the other side this weekend. Looks like flows are/ will drop...
Anybody been out there??
Last time I went trying to acquire a daily, out-of-state, was a confederacy of dunces..hopfully a little better luck this time.
Hint, stay away from the "Super-K," sports department in west, west Reno.

East Fork
03-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Hello guys, new to the board.....
About the Truckee in NV. I've been fishing the Truckee 3-4x a week since the flows have come down. The skwala's are pop'n. Fish a size 10 skwala under an indicator with a baetis dropper and hold on. The fishing has been very good. Water temp is now at 44 at fish are getting more active.
No fish on top yet, but with some warmer weather that could change. Watch for this storm though, a little rain this time of year and the river get's blown out quick. Fish the pools along seams and edges don't waste your time with the pocket water. Places to fish are the trophy section from Verdi to NV border, or through the town of Reno. Reno has many parks for easy access and monster trout ( no one fishes for 'em except the bums)
Good luck....

slage
03-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the info, did you guys get rain today/ tonight??
Are you planning on going out this weekend??
I am going to hit up the Verdi area..
let me know if you're going out one day or the other, maybe we could meet up?
Getting back to my Super K experience, is there anywhere closer/ easier for a CA resident to pick up a daily??

East Fork
03-25-2006, 02:10 AM
I'll more than likely go out on Sunday. We didn't get any rain in Reno, but it looked like it was raining in Truckee, super windy though. If you want to hook up let me know. You might be able to get a Liscense in Truckee, not sure, otherwise super k is the closest place. Check the flows if it's over 700cfs at the Mogul gauge the river might be muddy.