PDA

View Full Version : Get well soon , Jay Murakoshi !!!!

David Lee
03-22-2006, 08:15 PM
Best wishes to super-tyer and good egg Jay Murakoshi - had his elbow operation last Thursday and isn't feelin' like arm-wrasslin' at the moment :(

Get better soon , and enjoy time off from filling orders :idea:

David :nod:

Jay Murakoshi
03-22-2006, 08:50 PM
thanks david. i'll be back to fishing real soon. went to the lake today and found a few carp already coming into the shallows. thet just smilked at me and waved their tails.

see ya at kiene's or on the river

jay

k.hanley
03-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Hey brudda.......take care of dat arm! Baja is closing in. No tying. No crying. No casting. No blasting. Just rest, rest, and more rest!
Cheers 8)

SullyTM
03-23-2006, 07:51 AM
Well Jay, since you're on the mend I'll pick your brain :D Those %#&*!!* carp are going to be toast this year! I'm through being laughed at. Having said that what are you top 3 fly suggestions for me :wink: If the rain ever stops they could be ripe for the pickin'.

Take care of the elbow...can you still tye?? Later. SullyTM

Jay Murakoshi
03-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Hey Sully,

If i have to choose three flies only, they would be:

1. san juan worm
2. bead head nymphs
3. craw dad pattern

other patterns:

llama worm (brownish-green)
corn fly
cotton seed fly
bread crumb
damsel and dragon nymphs

Actually, i'm going back to the lake this morning - due to the warm weather we are suppose to have the rest of the week.

Jay

SullyTM
03-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Thanks, Jay...Have you ever tyed a San Juan using multiple pieces of chenille/vernille? I'm going to try it...

Warm weather?? What's that :lol: Christ it's going to rain again Friday and Saturday :cry:

If you hook into any, post a photo. Later...SullyTM

Hairstacker
03-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Get well Jay! Hope your recovery is quick and complete!

Sturmer White
03-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Hey Jay
I hope your arm is in good shape for tying. See you Mon. night.
I would like to talk carp to you then also.
Four times out and only one carp.

Jay Murakoshi
03-23-2006, 01:32 PM
I think the arm could be functional by Monday night. i'm able to hold a fly rod but casting is another story. i'm going to try tying some flies this evening.

but right now, it's touch and go. speaking of go...i'm going to the lake to see if the carp are there. it's in the high 60's looking to top out around 74 today but more rain on the weekend :cry:

jay

Anne Vitale
03-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi Jay...I'll chime in here as well. Get that arm up and running again as soon as possible cuz your brudda Kenny sounds like he is getn antzy. I'll bet you won't miss those knoby lumps. They looked horrible. Good luck w/those carp guys. Now you even got me looking in the shallows for tails. Here is a pic of one I caught last summer in the Marin Civic Center pond on a bread fly. Lee s. took the photo..Laughing his head off.

http://www.avitale.com/carp_1.jpg

Jay Murakoshi
03-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Hey Anne,

I LOVE IT :D What a great looking carp. I had thoughts of fishing the pond this year but when you're employer is paying you to work the show, there's no time for fishing. Heck, a carp clinic would of been a good on the water presentation. Oh well
I bet that thing didn' pull as hard as that "thing" in Honduras. I still think it was a triple digit "TARPON"

The arm will be back in shape in no time. The knobs are history but it sure looks bad now. Can't wait to get the stiches and samples out

Love those bugle lips

Jay

Anne Vitale
03-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Your right Jay...that carp did not pull nearly as hard as that "thing" :eek:--as you call it--in Honduras. However, in the end, the carp was a hell of a lot more fun. More my scale, I guess. Even though it took my 5wt into the backing...twice, it was harder to hold the darn fish for the photo shoot than it was to catch it. It was like trying to hold a slimy, struggling, football shaped bowling ball. That is what Lee was laughing about.

Glad to hear your arm is getting better. Can't imagine anything keeping you down for long. :D