PDA

View Full Version : What are you planning on tying over the next month ??

David Lee
03-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Unless your fly boxes are full from you tying for the past few months DUE TO THIS STUPID WEATHER :twisted: ](*,) :crybaby: .......

What are you planning to tye over the next month or so ??

PaulC
03-21-2006, 10:08 PM
I guess you can tell where I chimed in. lol.
Local variations of patterns are what I'm messing with along with tying some big stuff for the future.
Caught a bunch of barred surf perch on Sunday using a single EP fiber clouser. Worked pretty good but you had to comb the fibers out a bit here and there. Fouled less than ultra hair but matted up more than slinky fiber as far as clouser minnows go. Always fun to experiment with different material.
-Paul

PS. I am not the nightcrawler guy. lol.

Hairstacker
03-21-2006, 11:29 PM
I think I'll be tying shad flies for a change. Aside from the swap, I'd like to fill a box of 'em for this coming June.

Jasonh
03-21-2006, 11:35 PM
I will be tying steelhead flies, maybe a few striper flies. Seems the only time i get to do any fishing is around steelhead and striper season. Not to mention that they are really cool to tie and fish.

Jason Hartwick

Gregg Machel
03-22-2006, 12:03 AM
Shad flies for me. I haven't been tying hardly anything lately and this swap will get me back into it. Picked up a bag of material from Kiene's, and I'm ready to go!

Darian
03-22-2006, 12:22 AM
I'll be tying Saltwater patterns for Baja, primarily. :D :D Then, Striper and Shad flies (for the swap). :) :) My fly boxes are always full since I replace any effective flies that're lost within a relatively short period of time. 8)

Terry Thomas
03-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Shad flies for the swap, Rhithrogenias for the trout opener, and Slide-balls for Campeche. :( I think I'm behind already!

sculpin
03-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Saltwater flies for Baja in June and Striper flies in case I make down to the Valley.

Mark

jbird
03-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Saltwater flies for Baja in June

Ditto.

I'm headed for Maui first thing tomorrow morning...and I cant stop thinkin about Baja in June. I think I'm literally going to be dreaming about Mexico in Hawaii! SSSHHHHHH! Dont tell my wife. :lol:

It'll be fun Mark..Lookin forward to going with ya again.

Jay

Bob Scheidt
03-23-2006, 06:12 PM
I'll be tying some striper flies, buggers, crappie flies, trout flies, saltwater, oh yeah, and everything else.

Got a call today from Whiting, they say my name has moved up on the cree list. They have a prograde cree saddle for me. I didn't even know I was on the list, you bet I'll take it.

Bob

Richard
03-29-2006, 12:47 AM
Same old thing. Tying bass bugs, mostly deer hair divers, but also some other odds and ends to get ready for the pre spawn. Actually I haven't been tying much lately, I've been in bed for three weeks with pneumonia. :( Now I'm back on my backside and ready to start making a mess once again. :D

David Lee
03-29-2006, 01:07 AM
Same old thing. Tying bass bugs, mostly deer hair divers, but also some other odds and ends to get ready for the pre spawn. Actually I haven't been tying much lately, I've been in bed for three weeks with pneumonia. :( Now I'm back on my backside and ready to start making a mess once again. :D

:twisted: Doctor Lee :twisted: perscribes more Bushmills to keep nasty lung infections at bay :idea:

Get well soon , and get that 12 lber. on top !!!

David :D

Hairstacker
03-29-2006, 01:38 AM
Geez Richard, sorry to hear you were laid up so long, must have been pretty bad obviously. Glad to hear you're back in the saddle though. Looking forward to more of those fat bass pictures again soon. Shouldn't be long now. . . . 8)

Richard
03-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks everyone :) I'm beginning to feel better although I can't get out for long without my chest tightening up. This is one time I am glad that it is raining because I couldn't be fishing anyway. :lol: Let's all hope that April and May look better than March did!!! :cry: