PDA

View Full Version : Tarpon technique article on MidCurrent's site

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Don Senkeresty sent me this link on MidCurrent's site about how to fish for tarpon by Andy Mills. I think it is worth reading.

http://www.midcurrent.com/news/archives/000462.html

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-21-2006, 01:31 AM
I think as fisheries get tougher you need to have better skills, better flies, better timing and better everything.

When tarpon or bonefish have never seen a fly or people or boats they will eat many different flies.

After they have been fished over a lot they get very smart and hard to catch.

Soon they will be using indicators on the flats???????

john
03-21-2006, 08:33 AM
That article is a great written description. For those who watched Chasing Silver, most is covered visually and descriptively as Mill is prominent in a couple of segments. It really reinforces my thought that Mills former OLN series was the best SW program that ever aired. Segments included Fordyce and esp. good were the Harry Spear shows. My 2 bits.

john
03-29-2006, 07:06 AM
Carl: The disc isn't out yet, b/c OLN is still airing the segments. You can sign up for notice when it's out. The shows ran friday am and sunday noon(est) in february. Now are scheduled for thurs. and sun. runs in April.( I think the first is tom(3/30) nite. Go to Chasing Silver website for specific schedule. Jamie Howard seems like a good guy, excited about the project, and more than willing to respond to questions. Also has a great sound track on the shows. Watch for the episode where Tom Rowland falls off the poling platform, or Mill misses about a dozen in a row.

john
03-29-2006, 07:06 AM
Carl: The disc isn't out yet, b/c OLN is still airing the segments. You can sign up for notice when it's out. The shows ran friday am and sunday noon(est) in february. Now are scheduled for thurs. and sun. runs in April.( I think the first is tom(3/30) nite. Go to Chasing Silver website for specific schedule. Jamie Howard seems like a good guy, excited about the project, and more than willing to respond to questions. Also has a great sound track on the shows. Watch for the episode where Tom Rowland falls off the poling platform, or Mill misses about a dozen in a row.

john
03-29-2006, 07:07 AM