PDA

View Full Version : New TFO Lefty Kreh Finesse series of fly rods

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Lefty Kreh Finesse Rods complement the TFO line by offering a more "traditional" taper and action for those who fish small flies and fine tippets on light lines. These are the ideal rods for meadow streams, limestone creeks, and spring creeks. At short to medium distances, Lefty Kreh Finesse rods cast effortlessly, turning over long leaders easily. The shorter lengths are perfect for tight quarters while the longer length rods will keep a back cast well above tall grasses. Lefty Kreh Finesse rods are handsomely appointed with Rosewood inserts on an up locking reel seat which nicely accentuates the deep olive finish @ $179 USD. They come in lighter sizes, #2 to #5 line.

We have them in the shop now.

http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/graphics/finesse_long.jpg

Jay Murakoshi
03-14-2006, 09:56 AM
I casted one of these rods at the Arlington, Tx show. I don't know if it was the final production but for me, it felt like a feather in my hand. I'm use to the heavy meaty sticks but I have one of those Series 1 rods coming. I think it was an 8' 4 wt :shock: I plan on using it for Blue Gill and Crappie, who know's maybe a big rooster......
Question is: How long would the rod last with a rooster on the other end

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Jay,

For using those little rods for Roosterfish off the beach in Baja they come with a pair of water skiis.

Gregg Machel
03-28-2006, 11:43 PM
I just picked up one of these rods for fishing the smaller water up in the Sierras this summer:

TFO 2 Wt. 7'3" 4 pc (Finesse Series)
Black Galvan 2.5 Reel with a SA Mastery Series DT-2-F line

Can't wait to try it out! :)