PDA

View Full Version : Updates

Jay Murakoshi
03-13-2006, 11:24 PM
I finally made some changes to my web site. After a long hair pulling, frustrating mistakes and a few trial and errors, I finally figured out how to make changes.
The link Schedule of Events should show everything on the books and I'm working on my program link right now.
Now all I have to do is figure out how to attach photo's.

In the future there will be new links on the site. I'm also planning a section for fly patterns with tying instructions. Speaking of fly tying...
I will start working on a short fly tying video, nothing fancy certainly not a Hollywood DVD version.

Jay

Wingman
03-13-2006, 11:59 PM
Jay,

Sounds good. I will have to go check it out. I look forward to the section for patterns and instructions.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Congratulations Jay.....now you are a "techy dude".

Did you use Contribute?

http://www.fliesunlimited.com/seminars.html

Jay Murakoshi
03-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Bill,

No, I didn't use contribute. I did it the hard way. I used my master file copy and did the changes in HTML and then copied them to another file.
I'm going to install a updated version of Front Page soon. This way, I'll be able to add and delete without a big hassle
Right now, I'm trying to put together my fly page. I hope it works out.
I'm also thinking about have short stories with photo's of the place I fish and travel to. I also have other plans but definitly not a BB in my future.

I must say, your board has come a long way and it's only getting better.

Keep up the good worth

Jay

alaskanfish
03-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Very nice web site. I tried Contribute for web design and found it to be extremely restrictive (for good reason), so now I simply use Dreamweaver and generate templates. Same concept (in function) as contribute, but I have the full power of Dreamweaver and the Macromedia suite. I have also used FrontPage and it works fine as well, however my preference is definitely Dreamweaver. If you have specific questions on imbedding images, shoot me an email and I'll do what I can to help you out...

Ed

Jay Murakoshi
03-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Thanks Ed for the offer. As soon as I learn more about the cyber space game, the site should expand.

Jay