PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Guatemala News 03.12.06

bajafly
03-12-2006, 07:33 PM
12 March 06

Guatemala explodes, sailfish are every where, the past week has shown staggering No. of sails released with boats releasing between 40 and 70 fish each a day, this peaked yesterday with a single boat releasing 124 fish! If my info is correct this will be a new W Record for No. fished released in a single day, all other boats that day released between 70 and 95 fish each, AND ANOTHER BOAT BROKE THE SINGLE DAY RELEASE RECORD ON THE FLY BY 30 FISH, with a total of 57 releases, one angler actually releasing 54 of those fish to smash the exisiting record. Fishing stayed hot to day with the top boat releasing 81 on baits. Lets hope the dream continues. Until next time.

Tight lines and high hopes.

Capt. Jonathan Nicholas

jbird
03-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Good Lord Gary!! By the end of the week, Every sail in the pacific ocean is gonna have a sore beak.

That is the most incredible fishing report I have ever heard in my life!...EVER!

bajafly
03-13-2006, 06:26 AM
This report or variations of the same came from three different sources over the weekend. I seldom repeat the scores because it boggles the mind.

When sailfish in Guatemala go off it is hard to believe the numbers

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-13-2006, 10:07 AM
It was on Dan Blanton's BB too.

Wanda Taylor who teaches sailfish classes in Guatemala got an email yesterday from Jake Jordon who is down there with the same wild information. She phoned us about it.

We had heard for years that Guatemala is the top place around for sailfish.

I guess everyone will be there next winter?

Jay Murakoshi
03-13-2006, 12:41 PM
I got the report from Jake Jordan. I set up a trip with Jake later this year.
It's amazing at the number of fish they are catching. I've set my sites on some bill fishing, reds and Florida tarpon.

What is the procedure you have to take to have another 30 days added to the calendar :D

Jay