PDA

View Full Version : NFF subject

Jay Murakoshi
03-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Ok, all you computer guru's out there. I'm trying to change a few things on my site. My provider is Omnis which is where my files are keep.
I've gone into the files and found the HTML files and tried updating them but nothing is happening.

Next question - how many of you have ever user Dreamweaver? Is it a simple program to follow

Thanks

Jay

Gregg Machel
03-09-2006, 10:38 PM
A lot of people use Dreamweaver to update their pages. For the "non-techie" people, I would recommend using Macromedia's Contribute. It allows you to update your page without ever having to see or think about the HTML code. A lot of the people that I do web sites for use this effectively. It makes it really hard to screw things up. :)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Yes Jay,

I use Contribute myself and it allows me to change text and ad and delete pictures.

I can't really change my page layout but it helps me update stuff like the fishing report.

Jay Murakoshi
03-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks Gregg and Bill,

I plan on redoing the site. It's going to keep the same format but there will be alot of new items added
Is Macromedia Contribute available on the shelf

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Yes

I think it is $100 or so.

You might want to meet with Gregg Machel who works on our sight and Keith's and KD's. He would just trade you for some flies or seminars?

An hour or so with him at my shop would really get you going with this.