PDA

View Full Version : Man, I need to fish!

J.R.
03-04-2006, 07:36 PM
I'm getting desperate, I need someplace to go fishing. Is there any lake in the Sierras that accessible and not covered in ice. Last month I was thinking Silver, but have told it's iced over. Now I'm thinking Icehouse Res. or Union Valley, but I bet those are frozen solid too. Any help would be appreciated.

David Lee
03-04-2006, 07:43 PM
A little bird told me .....

Folsom @ Browns Ravine has been fishing VERY well for planters .

Top three feet of water , the usual flies .

GO GET 'EM !!

David :D

Darian
03-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Hey JR,.... There're quite a few places to do some fishing within striking distance. 8) Rancho Seco for Trout, Pre-spawn Black Bass and Crappie, Lake Berryesa for Trout Smallmouth Bass and Crappie, Clear Lake for Black Bass and Crappie, slack water sloughs in the Delta for Black, Striped Bass and Catfish, Lake Amador for Trout, etc.... 8) 8)

Fishin' is where you find it. Good luck. :D :D

jayclarkflyfishing
03-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Davis and Frenchman are both ice free.....but we have 16" of snow at 5000' and its snowing again.Then there is Pyramid.Not exactly in the Sierras but worth the drive when the weather is good.

Mike L
03-06-2006, 04:53 PM
I would Definitley recomend pyramid. It's worth the drive and the fishing is great! I went up there last year w/ my buddy ryan williams and we both caught 20+ inch fish 25", and 29" I think? But anyways its great fishing most of the time. Be sure if you decide to go there to stop by the reno flyshop. they give alot of info about the lake.