PDA

View Full Version : Full sinking skagit head???

Martin G
02-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Hi guys! I was wondering if there is a full sinking head )skagit or Scando) available? I have looked around but can't seem to find one that is full sinking. Anyway, what do you guys think about the riomax shooting head? It is 30 feet at 450grains? Thanks!

by the way, Im using it on a 6/7 spey rod. Thanks!
Martin G

SPG
02-28-2006, 08:09 AM
HI Martin,

I shipped your floating Scando ans Skagit custom lines yesterday first class mail. What you are now asking about is how the Europeans swing wet flies with systems like the Adapted Loop. I have done a lot of work in this area also, Jeff has one of my full sinking Swedish systems for your rod, I will ask him to loan it to you. Most of these european systems are very expensive and involve several sinking heads (bellies with taper) and sinking mini tips. It was difficult to find sinking heads with the proper tapers, Rio's did not work well, but I did find a great one in 2 densities 3 and 5 ips. Married with the Rio Mini tips the system is awesome. Call me again I will explain more. Steve 541-840-2594

Martin G
02-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Steve,
Thanks For all your help!!! I will give you a call later this week. I was thinking of using the full sinking line on a lake. Thanks again!

Martin G

Rick J
03-01-2006, 01:10 PM
You might just try a traditional shooting head in the sink rate you want and attach to whatever running line you are using - might try something in the neighborhood of an 12 wt or just play with them until you get the porper grains

David Lee
03-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Check Ebay for Orvis silver-label shooters - they're 38 feet long .

David