PDA

View Full Version : AmRiver striper search results

WinterrunRon
02-26-2006, 10:29 PM
River is up to 7600cfs from 4000cfs over the last couple days and at 47 degrees. A friend and I launched at Discovery and fished from the second railroad bridge above 160 down to the mouth looking for stripers. Used Clousers from moring to mid afternoon for 1 8lb striper. That's it. Lots of casting today. Only a coule other boats out and a couple of bankies so we had the river to ourselves. Back to steelhead until the water warms! Ron

Katz
02-27-2006, 10:25 AM
I love how, with this species, one 8 lb fish in a day is nothing to be too excited about. One 8 lb steelie in a YEAR would be very cool!! I can't wait for that water to get a little warmer and for the Stripe bite to get really good!

Katz

WinterrunRon
02-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Katz,

Well said. I shouldn't downplay such a nice fish, but it's easy to do sometimes because us Northern California anglers are blessed with some awesome runs, an abundance of fishing venues and some pretty incredible species to chase. I mean, there's only a handful of places I can think of where you have so many options! And although I can't wait for the water to warm to turn on the stiper bite, I'm not one to complain if the wet weather and cool temperatures extend the steelhead fishing just a bit longer!

Ron

Katz
02-27-2006, 07:01 PM
It sure is miserable living here! :wink:

Katz