PDA

View Full Version : Big mahi

mems
02-25-2006, 01:38 AM
Aloha here is a picture of a big mahi I got on monday. It was on a baitcasting rod, but it sure tasted great.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/mems15/Picture006.jpg

jbird
02-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Don

Thats a gigantic mahi.....yummy!!

Darian
02-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Aloha Don,..... That's a great fish ya got there. 8) 8) How're you going to prepare 'im for the table :?: :?: Will you use any of the butters (like the Lilikoi Butter) :?: :?:

We're getting ready to go into the wild mushroom season around here. I'm lookin' forward to getting some Morel's for the pot..... Yummy!!!

mems
02-26-2006, 12:54 AM
Aloha Darian, I had some good grinds with that fish. I smoked some the first night on an alder plank. Next I fried some in panko and had sweet and sour sauce on top. Next was sauteed in olive oil, capers, garlic, fresh ginger, celantro and lemmon. I even cut up some for ceviche. Fresh mahi is so moist, and this one steaked out very nicely. I didn't get to the lilikoi butter, but the next rainbow runner will get some of that!
Wild mushrooms sounds pretty good, I would put that on some salmon and an alder plank and some lilikoi butter and crushed mac nuts, a little of that great wine you sent and well there goes the diet. I love talking to you guys. Take care, Don.

MauiJim
03-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Woo! Nice Mahi Don... making me jealous up here in Seattle, thanks for the reminder to hurry up and get my butt back to Hilo!