PDA

View Full Version : Yuba River Hatch Chart

Tony Buzolich
02-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Can anyone recommend a good hatch chart for the lower Yuba River and maybe even an equivelant fly pattern for the various bugs that goes throughout the year?

I've been contacted by the Dept. of Fish and Game for this information and I don't fish the Yuba as much as a lot of you guys do.

Thanks ahead for any help you can offer,
TONY

ycflyfisher
02-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Tony,

I've never seen a hatch chart for the Yuba that was any good. The basics but far from a complete listing:
Skwalas: Jan- March
Rithros: Late Feb- Apr
Glossosoma Sp.: Mar-Apr
Other predominant caddis species( hydros, rykes etc): Apr through the fall.
LYS: May-June
PMD's and other ephemerella sp: Apr-June
Baetis: fall and winter
Hoppers in the summer
Tricos in Aug
YOY type streamer patterns in Dec-March
typical streamers the rest of the year.

PS: thanks for getting us all that new stuff into the shop.

Tony Buzolich
02-20-2006, 12:40 AM
This is great stuff already. I'm familiar with the Skwala's and a few of the others but this really helps YCFF.

As for the store, I think I've got things going. Let me know if there's anything that you seem to go for often and I'll be glad to bring it in.
TONY

aaron
02-20-2006, 01:05 AM
Seth Norman's "Flyfisher's Guide to Northern California" has a decent yuba hatch chart in it as well as a bunch of other rivers. Might be worth checking out.
-aaron

Led Blimp
02-04-2012, 04:27 PM
http://www.flyfishingtraditions.com/hatch_chart

I am new to fly fishing and live just 15 minutes from the Lower Yuba and this chart has been a big help.

Jimmie
02-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Tony,

Store? What Store? Did you open a new shop in YC??

Thanks,

Jimmie
Chicago Park, CA

Jimmie
02-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Clay Hash's (FlyfishingTraditions) Hatch chart shows what an expert he has become on the Yuba. Our club (Gold Country Fly Fishers--Grass Valley) is lucky to have him as a member. He has added alot and gives exceptional clinics on the Yuba.