PDA

View Full Version : FS: Albright EXS 890 3-piece - price lowered

Lars Johannesson
02-15-2006, 11:39 AM
folks,

I have a nice Albright rod I'd like to sell. It is their top of the line EXS model. 9' for an 8wt line. 3 pieces. A very nice casting, light rod with quality components, saltwater safe. These retailed for $360 or so. Cool-looking blue finish and "medium-fast" action. Casts anything from 8wt floaters to leadcore easily.

A couple of details: the foam end of the butt came loose once while fishing. I reglued it with epoxy, so now it is stronger than ever. Also, there is a very minor nick on the edge of the female ferrule of the top piece. I'm careful with my gear, and rinsed and dried it thoroughly after each use.

I would like $185 for it. Shipping would be in the $10-15 range, or we can arrange to meet up in the Santa Cruz / San Jose area. I'd prefer payment via money order. Other payment options are possible too.

I have pictures at:

http://www.gruk.net/lars/forsale/albright_exs_890/index.html

Click the thumbnails for a larger view. Click the "source image" link for the full image file, if you have the bandwidth.

Send any questions to lars@gruk.net, or call me. My daytime phone is 831-621-8327. I'm in Santa Cruz, CA. My ebay handle is 'flojten'. Yeah, yeah.. first post is a classified.. can't help it. Can provide references as needed.. :).

albright's site: http://www.albrighttackle.com/2006site/exs.html

Albright's tech department says: "A breakthrough material-science that doesn't just make the rods lighter, more responsive and powerful, it makes them durable. Albright's proprietary FS-Glass External Scrim (EXS) protects the high modulus graphite core so you have great longitudinal load and stretch. The final wrap is a fused silicate (FS) that provides a whole new level of impact resistance."

I say: "A nice rod, but I have more #8's than I need and want to go lighter for the beach fishing I do here. It did catch me my first flyrod surfzone perch.. a 13-incher!"

thanks, --Lars Johannesson

Lars Johannesson
02-15-2006, 11:41 AM
I forgot to mention that I never sent in the warranty card, so I'll include that as well --Lars.

Lars Johannesson
02-22-2006, 12:23 PM
price lowered to $170 --Lars