PDA

View Full Version : Full moon now

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Last night was the full moon which does effect fishing sucesss especially in still water.

gryhackl
02-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Hey, It's a full moon and Monday the 13th!! IS THAT CREEPY??

slimfishin's
02-14-2006, 10:41 AM
I often wondered about the full moon issue and how it effects the bite. I was on the Delta Sunday night (full moon) and the bite just died after the morning. Conditions were perfect for an evening bite, but nothing happened. Then, a friend of mine went to the same spots last night, and did pretty well. For some reason, I have never had much success on full moon days.

SF

TaylerW
02-14-2006, 05:48 PM
the full moon made fishing better than it had been before for us, 18 bass to a 7 13 pounder

OregonSalmon
02-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Who's beechin' about the full moon? We used to trespass on an avocado rancher's bass pond and the best time was always the full moon. This was night fishing. One day before the full, it was sheety, but on the full, watch out. Made all the difference in the world. Plus we had enough natural light that we could usurp his row boat without having to use a flashlight. HHOOOOOWWWWLLLL!!!!!! did we get away with it...

Adam Grace
02-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Full moon topwater bass fishing is a thrill. Your fly or lure only visible by the moonlit ripple of water, the sudden plash and dark spot where your fly/lure used to be, then a bass jumping out of the water is very exciting!