PDA

View Full Version : ANNOUNCEMENT: Foam Fly Swap!!! Swap is Closed

TaylerW
02-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Hey guys,
For the upcoming spring panfish awakening i want to announce a "foam" fly swap. Flies such as the "al's hopper" and flies of that sort would be best encouraged. Each tyer will need to tie 6 flies. I will limit the signup to 10 days. The swap will commence the 20th of feb and need to be back to me by the 15th of march. Toe tags would be appreciated but are not required. Please contact me for my address and other info.
Participants:
1.SullyTM-Negativeland Foam Frog-Recieved
2.David Lee-Panifsh Dingbat
3.Brian-Foamy Bass Foodstuff- Recieved
4.Hairstacker-Panny Poppers
5.Little Striper- als foam hopper
6.Darian- foam hopper/ cricket- recieved

Thanks and have a great year.

SullyTM
02-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Little Striper...I'll bite :D Pattern to be determined this weekend. Anything with foam in it, correct? Thanks for hosting. SullyTM

TaylerW
02-10-2006, 09:46 PM
yep, anything with foam, tell me your pattern asap, i dont want anyone to do the same.

David Lee
02-11-2006, 12:32 AM
36 views and ONE taker - :x

I expected more from y'all . :?

I'm in - tying a "Panfish Dingbat" - :shock: Don't laugh , it'll kill them fishes in a bathtub , much less a pond near ya .

Lil' Stripe - Thank you for hosting =D>

David 8)

Gregg Machel
02-11-2006, 04:18 AM
If I wasn't half way around the world in the middle of a "round the world" trip, I would sign up for this one. :(

I'm currently in Bangalore India, but started in Tokyo, then Singapore. Next is Moscow, then Munich and back home! I'll be back in mid March. :)

Unfortunately not much time to fish, all work, no play. :(

SullyTM
02-11-2006, 04:39 PM
I'll tye my Negativeland Foam Frog...Trust me, it works :D

Hey David, if the swap doesn't fill up I'll have these puppies done by next weekend :lol:

Thom

Brian
02-12-2006, 03:05 AM
sign me in for some foamy things, not sure what they are called as I'm using an example given to me by a guide in Georgia. I'll just call them "Foamy Bass Foodstuff"
Brian

Brian
02-12-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm done!, I can't believe that I got them done in one day. I'm such a slow tyer. time to watch the rest of the Kings game.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/Wyomingflyfisher/IMGP0222.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/Wyomingflyfisher/IMGP0223.jpg

Brian

TaylerW
02-13-2006, 08:19 PM
great flies, like your vice too, same as mine, where did you get the legs?

Brian
02-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks, the legs are a trick that the Georgia guide showed me. White rubber legs twisted and then a permanent marker is run down the side of it. release the twist and voila! It's a pretty neat look and adds that custom look that centipede legs can't match.

Hairstacker
02-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Ok, I'd like to get in on this one, even though I'm already in two other swaps at the moment. :roll: I'll be tying up some Panny Poppers which, at first glance, look a lot like Gurglers to me but are distinctively different :ninja: (but not by much :lol:). Said to be a killer for bluegills on top. 8)

SullyTM
02-15-2006, 08:38 AM
Oh no!!!! Hairstacker is jumping in :D 3 swaps Mike??!! I've just finished 4 and now this...Isn't winter wonderful??

I've dropped few hints at home about the need for something that floats so I can get to those hard to reach bass and bluegill :wink:

Looking forward to this swap...Thanks again Little Striper. Thom

Darian
02-15-2006, 10:34 PM
OK guys,.... Ill join in the fun.... :) Since foam is not my forte' :o , I'll tie my version of a foam hopper or maybe a cricket :?: :?: (since there's already one hooper in the swap) 8) 8) 8)

Hairstacker
02-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Thom, yeah, there was a smallmouth bass fly swap I couldn't resist getting into. And then there's the soft hackle swap I signed up for. . . .

Darian, glad you joined in! Yeah, foam is not my forte either, as I've invented a couple of real duds in the past. They looked swell too until they hit water. :? Thus, I'm going with a pattern that someone else invented AND has caught a ton of fish on. :lol:

TaylerW
02-20-2006, 12:46 PM
if anyone needs my address pm me

TaylerW
02-21-2006, 08:57 PM
recieved brians flies, great tying. Cool trick with the legs

TaylerW
02-23-2006, 04:01 PM
just got brians and sullytm's flies, both are reall great patterns and are eceptionally tied

David Lee
03-06-2006, 09:50 PM
My swapflies are out the morning of the 7th .

PANFISH DINGBAT -

Hook - Mustad 3367 (don't try to find them , disco'd for several years now ...) #8

Tail- white spandex

Thread - fire orange FWN

Body - Rainys yellow foam , size medium

Glue - Zap-a gap

The Dingbat is a fast one to tye - right size , right colors . Simple enough to crank out fast ..... hope ya like it .

David

TaylerW
03-07-2006, 07:35 PM
i am excited to see them

Hairstacker
03-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Well, I'm ready to mail 'em out but I'm not sure who to address 'em to. . . . . I have the mailing address, but seems like I should be putting a name on the envelope as well. Can one of you fellas pm me with it? Thanks!

Darian
03-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Hey Mike,.... Tayler doesn't seem overly interested in giving his name out. :? :?

So, I sent mine to Tayler (Little Striper) at the mailing address. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't arrive.... :? :?

Brian
03-09-2006, 10:58 PM
At least you had a name, the lady at the post office had to giggle when she saw that I was mailing a package to someone named "Little Striper"

Darian
03-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Hey Brian,..... Considering the implications of sending something from Cheyenne to a guy in California named Little Striper, I'd've paid someone else to take it to the Post Office.... :lol: :lol:

Brian
03-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Darian, I get ribbed about the California connection all the time.

Brian (formerly from Davis, CA not brokeback just broke)

TaylerW
03-10-2006, 10:54 PM
i have a friend who lives in kentucky and we send flies back and forth, his name is seriously is Gaye Very, i get some wierd looks then

Hairstacker
03-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Well, mailed 'em off today! Went out in today's mail according to the schedule at the post office. \:D/ One swap down, four more to go. . . . :roll:

TaylerW
03-14-2006, 06:45 PM
flies are ready to be sent, should be getting them within the next two weeks

TaylerW
03-15-2006, 05:55 PM
flies are officially sent, should be getting them soon

SullyTM
03-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Just received my swap flies! All very cool!

Brian's hopper...love the legs and the use of bucktail
Little Stripers hopper...black on yellow foam with several materials that will "move"!
Hairstackers Panny Popper...Deadly! Nuff said.
Darians Kiss Cricket...Kiss this fish :wink:
David's Panfish Dingbat...One of the simplist patterns I have ever seen. And I agree with DL it is going to catch the fish. I have the foam at home so you know what that means.

Thanks for hosting Little Striper. Thom

David Lee
03-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Good lookin' bugs there !!

Those Sunnies and Bass are in DEEEEEEP DOO-DOO :evil:

Thanks guys , very nice !!!!

David :D

Hairstacker
03-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Got the flies today!! \:D/ Well, I must say, I am impressed! Once again, I reach the end of one of our swaps, awfully glad I got into it. Didn't know much about foam flies and, quite frankly, didn't know how much you could do with the stuff. I now have some GREAT ideas to use on future foam ties. Thank you guys, especially Little Striper for hosting, very much appreciated!

SullyTM
03-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Hey Mike...i'm new to foam also. I did come across an article about the use of a foam hopper as an indicator instead of the usual yarn/commercialy made indicator. Worth a try. Thom

Brian
03-18-2006, 12:36 AM
Great looking flies guys. They're all gonna catch something. I like the Dingbat, it gives me an idea for doing a "corn" fly for carp (and maybe some ducks) :twisted: Thanks a lot Lil Striper on hosting this swap

Here's the link to the fly I tied http://www.flyfishga.com/stealth.htm
Brian