PDA

View Full Version : otter

Mike O
02-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Anyone used otter to tie with? I have some coming in from a friend, and haven't ever used it.

Darian
02-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Wasn't Otter a character from the movie, Animal House" :?: :?: :?:

Back to reality. I've never used Otter but imagine it's a lot like Beaver since it comes from a critter that lives a large portion of its life in water. thick underfur and lotsa long guard hairs.... 8) Should be beautifully colored. The underfur will be good for dubbing. Guard hairs for tail/wings and marginally to provide a spikey look to some fur blends.... 8) 8)

StevenOjai
02-09-2006, 11:49 AM
While fishing the Gunnison last Father's Day, I hooked into a beautiful 24" rainbow which leaped 3 times and, then, snapped me off. Looking at the water from my boulder perch, I was thinking about what I had done wrong. :?
Staring at the water just by my feet, up pops a River Otter. :shock: He was just as surprised as I, since this stretch of water has few two-legged animals.
We both kind of jumped back and he said "Good-bye" with the splash of his tail. I forgot about the 'bow. :wink:
Steve

Darian
02-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Yep,.... I've had 'em pop up right next to my boat in the Delta, Snodgrass slough and up the Sacramento at Red Bluff. Curious little critters. They can't resist trying to findout what you're doin'. 8)

I used to see a family of Otters in the Smith River near Hiouchi harrassing fish in long run.... Seemed like they were just looking to have fun. :lol: :lol:

One thing's for sure, when Otters are in the same area you're fishin' in, the fishin's over.... :( and the fun's on. :D :D