PDA

View Full Version : Monterey Bay Sand Crab Classic

Sin Coast
02-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Is anyone coming down to Monterey to fish the Second Annual Monterey Bay Sand crab Classic?
It is a surf perch fishing tournament that benefits the Monterey Bay Salmon and Trout Project---a very worthy organization.
I will be fishing the tourney--most likely hitting the beaches in the southern part of the Bay. I will likely start out throwing some of Jay's flies---they usually produce for me...even though I'm a virtual surf fly rookie.
Anyone else?
PK

Darian
02-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi PK,.... I'd like to find out more about it. Haven't heard anything to date. Sounds interesting, tho.... 8) 8) Could you post some details :?: :?:

Sin Coast
02-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Sorry guys. I should've posted this earlier in the year. The tourney was limited to 100 anglers this year and it is already full. :cry:
Here is the link to the website: http://www.theletsgofishingradioshow.com/events.php
I will probably still do a little surf perchin this wknd, even though its too late to signup. You know what will happen right? I'll probably catch a fish that would've won the tourney---like a 16 inch barred surfperch or big redtail. Darnit! Oh well...I'm still going fishing. Guess I'll have to find a different way to donate money to MBSTP. Maybe a mini-tourney between me and my friends and we'll donate proceeds to MBSTP...? Sounds fun.
PK

Darian
02-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the info.... How about surf conditions down there this week :?: :?: Could be interesting if the surf lays down a bit.... 8)

Good luck on your trip.... :D :D