PDA

View Full Version : April/May is prime time for Stripers on the American River

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Be sure to get yourself some time off during the week during this period of time.

You need a boat with a motor here.

This kind of starts up in March in the lower river but April/May is usually the best time for the Spring spawning run of Stripers.

June sees a slowing of Striper action in the American River due to the heavy influx of tasty American Shad.

http://www.kiene.com/gallery/albums/Stripers/Ken_Hanley_18lb_Striper.jpg

Here is Ken Hanley who was out with local guide Mike Bias last Spring.

Mike's web site:
http://www.setsetset.com/

Jay Murakoshi
02-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Bill,

If I remember, I stretched that fish using Photo Shop. :P

Really, it was a great fish and a great day, even after Ken landed the fish.

Jay

David Lee
02-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Yeah .... that sure was the finest 13-pounder I've ever seen .

Who's the owner of that Boga ?? I'd like to buy that particular one ..... :lol: :P :lol:

I'll meet you guys at the same place this year , just let me know when you'll be up .

David :twisted:

Jay Murakoshi
02-06-2006, 07:13 PM
I think it was Mike's boga. I will in the area around April 20 - 24. Hopefully I can get someone (Mike, Andy or ?????) to fish with. No one wants to answer my emails. Maybe I'll be wading but not at what the flows are right now.
See you on the river

Jay

David Lee
02-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Jay -

I've got a 12 foot Jonboat , and know the river pretty well .... Be glad to float ya , just let me know .

David

(plus .... my knots never break !!)

SullyTM
02-07-2006, 08:28 AM
That photo of Ken.....I can hear him screamin' :D I wonder how he'd react if he caught a really BIG striper :wink: Later. Thom

Jay Murakoshi
02-22-2006, 06:04 PM
If Ken ever catches one over 20lbs - whoever he's with better know CPR and carry a spare pair of Depends :D

It was a great time that day, especially being that it was a sloooow day.

Jay

SullyTM
02-22-2006, 06:59 PM
I think Ken has gotten enough mileageout of the photo of him holding that striper :D Time for a new scream!!! Thom