PDA

View Full Version : fishing the olympic penninsula in june

deaddrift
02-05-2006, 11:50 AM
traveling to see my father in june and wish to fish in streams not rivers ,he lives in allyn wa. and does not know of any places as of yet ,was trying to save the 25 bucks on a gazzetteer map book ,but still trying to figure out the area www not much help everybody wants you to buy there maps as well.
so am looking for small streams and the hatches that they bring ,live in cali and we have our own hatches maybe or not different from there .
any help would be very much appreciated
Deaddrift
:D

Darian
02-05-2006, 03:01 PM
The last time I was up there was in September, several years ago. :? I concentrated on cutthroat in the estuaries, canal and sound but the originating streams look like they'd be good for trout fishing.... 8) 8)

You're probably right about many of the hatches up there being similar. However, it should be noted that the further north you go (latitude) the shorter seasons become. So, even if the hatches are similar, they may not occur in the same point in the summer and my be shorter in duration. 8) 8)

One of the members of this BB community recently moved to WA. Maybe he can post some info for you.... Otherwise, I'd spring for a good map. 8) 8)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-05-2006, 06:55 PM
This is the web address for a good fly shop out on Bainbridge Island.

They should have some good info for you.

Northwest Angler

http://www.nwangler.com/

deaddrift
02-05-2006, 09:29 PM
This is the web address for a good fly shop out on Bainbridge Island.

They should have some good info for you.

Northwest Angler

http://www.nwangler.com/

thanx bill
figured Id have better luck here than the ncffb,I book marked yur site a while ago and just restumbled on to it wow great site when i have more time ill go surfing ,thanx for yur info and the great site gonna have to come up the next time I fish the American
take care
DD

HC
04-19-2006, 11:07 PM
DD, If you are over on the ocean side of the mountain, try the Sol Duc river below the hot spring for fast small stream action. Small cutts readily took common dry flies in the middle of the day. The fish were very wild and pretty. HC