PDA

View Full Version : Top 100 Fly Fishing Web Sites

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-03-2006, 11:44 PM
We just registered 2 days ago and we are ranked 73 already.

Gregg Machel thinks we will be in the top 25 in a week?

Thanks to all of you............

http://www.hitsunlimited.com/cgi-bin/100topflyfish/100top.cgi?ID=1645

WillJ
02-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Don't get too excited, Bill. I think there's about 20 of us responsible for 50,000 hits a week. :lol:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-04-2006, 12:36 PM
You probably right WillJ.

It says that we get about 300 unique visitors a day which will put us at #23 out of the top 100 fly fishing web sites registered there in about a week.

That pretty good though............

Adam Grace
02-04-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm guilty of clicking on it more than a couple of times :oops:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-04-2006, 10:32 PM
We are ranked 39 today!

Gregg Machel
02-04-2006, 10:59 PM
The key thing is that it tracks unique visitors, not clicks.
Here is their explaination for those who are interested.

Q. What's a unique hit?
A. A unique hit is a single visit to a particular web page by one internet surfer with a non-duplicated IP address within one given day. The difference between a regular hit and a unique hit is an internet surfer can visit the same page 50 times in one day and register 50 regular hits but since it's the same person, only one unique hit for that person, for that given day, is registered. If that same person visits the next day, he or she will add another single unique hit to your count. Counting uniques hits rather than regular hits prevents web site owners from continuously visiting their own page within the same day thereby moving themselves up in the rankings.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-05-2006, 06:58 PM
We are now ranked 24 out of over 500 fly fishing web sites registered here.

That is very exciting.

Thanks again to everyone who comes here.

Please register and put down where you are from if possible.

Wednesday Caster
02-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Mark another unique hit.
I get my fix everyday at Kiene's BB.
Great site Bill and great members.
Quinn

Adam Grace
02-08-2006, 08:56 PM
We are ranked 19 today!

Woohoo! Keep on clickin guys!

One unique hit each day is my own goal.

Matt Frey
02-08-2006, 11:38 PM
I have never posted before, but I am good for at least 3 unique hits a day:

My Place
Work
The Girlfriend's

I also wanted to thank guys. I have really enjoyed reading this Forum.

I bought my first fly rod ever from Kiene's when I was in high school. Thats what made me come to the site in the last few months. The guys at the shop were always really nice to me when I was young. Here in San Francisco the guys at the shop around here really dont pay much attention to us younger guys.

Thanks again,

Matt

rrivera
02-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Welcome Matt...

Hope to get see some fishing info from you as well...

Tight lines bro...

-RR

Adam Grace
02-09-2006, 01:02 AM
Welcome and thanks Matt!

Kiene's customer service was what hooked me long long ago. I was a young kid, 16, and I got helped by a very nice and talkitive fellow by the name of Bill. We talked for a while about fishing stuff and Bill never pressured me into buying everything in the shop, like another fly shop in Sacramento which shall remain nameless. At the end of the conversation I found out that the nice guy named Bill was the owner of the shop. I was totally shocked that the owner of a business, that is generally patroned by people with discretionary income, would take all that time to help a young, broke kid like myself. Ever since I have been a loyal Kiene's customer. Bill and his friendly staff make Kiene's a warm and welcome fly shop.

I am honored to have worked for the Kiene's.

Kiene's Fly Shop is the "Cheers" of fly shops, IMHO!

SullyTM
02-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Adam...Where is your "stool" at Kiene's? :D

I still remember my first and only visit to Kiene's...After noodling around the American on a bitterly cold January day a year ago, I stopped by the shop and had a nice conversation with Bill. He showed more interest in my "first ever" trip to the American than I expected. He gave me several tips, looked over some of my hand-tied flies and made me feel like "Norm"! I just wish he'd franchise the operation :wink: Thom

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Adam is part of the family.

I can't believe we are ranked 16 now?

If it doesn't say that on your PC just hold down the control key and hit refresh.