PDA

View Full Version : Seasons?

J.R.
02-03-2006, 08:38 PM
I was on the Fishing the Sierra map link planning all my trips for the year ahead and on certain rivers/lakes, season appeared several times. I was just curious, does this mean there's certain time of year I can start fishing or is that just for certain rivers/lakes. If I have to wait until April to fish my favorite spots or try some place new, it's back to the vice. :)

nightgoat
02-03-2006, 09:04 PM
It all depends on exactly where you want to fish. Lots of rivers close to fishing from Nov 15 through the last Saturday of April. Most lakes are open year round. You can go here http://www.dfg.ca.gov/ to find a link to the regs booklet. The 2006 book is linked on the first page.

J.R.
02-06-2006, 05:52 PM
To add to my question... Does Silver Lake fall under the April 29th to November 15th season, and do all Sierra rivers fall under this season?

nightgoat
02-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Silver Lake is open year round, but might freeze over in winter :?: All rivers in the Sierra District are closed in the "off" season. The definition of the Sierra District can be found at the above link :)

Darian
02-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Hi JR,..... The answers to your questions about closed/open seasons is in the link to the DFG Regs posted above. In general, reservoirs are always open and natural lakes close during winter. There're exceptions to each of these generalities in the Regs. The same is true for Rivers/streams. Alpine county has some noteable exceptions since they maintain their own warden staff.... 8)

Actually, in this day and age I highly recommend familiarizing yourself with the Regs in order to obtain timely info and avoid getting into potential jams with wardens. 8) 8)