PDA

View Full Version : Kudo's to St. Croix

MSP
02-03-2006, 05:19 PM
A few years ago I built a 9' 4wt St. Croix rod. I had the same problem as others as the tip would slip off the butt section after casting for a while. Finally while on an outing with Adam I noticed a click in the rod when I put it together and gave it a shake. Needless to say after tubing across the dam the tip busted off just above the ferrell (sp) on my first cast and I had to use my 8 wt to catch those 5" bluegill the rest of the day. I read on another board that St. Croix had replaced a guys rod and I decided to send it back with $20.00 and see what happens. Well I sent it in last Monday and I was pleasanly surprised to find my rod case on my porch with a new blank that retails for $80.00 more than the original along with my broken rod. All in all I was very impressed with them and their timeliness in getting the rod back to me. Now it's time to build a new one, too bad the "Y" isn't going to let me try it out for a while. :(

SullyTM
02-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Mike, it's that kind of customer service that'll make any business a success. St. Croix probably has a customer for life :D Thom

jbird
02-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Thats great to hear! It seems that theres getting to be a competition for good customer service among rod mfg. What a wonderful trend if thats true. I sure hope so with the outrageous pricetags on flyfishing equipment these days. I hope Scott rods jumps on the band wagon for fast customer service. Tho I've been told that the scott guys are a bunch of fish bums, like you and me, so I think their moto is, "we'll get to your rod when we get back from fishin" Cant kick em too hard for that, they put out a nice product.

Jay