PDA

View Full Version : ignore this thread- no longer relevant

TaylerW
02-02-2006, 06:10 PM
anyone ready yet?

Darian
02-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Still finishing the Mayfly Emerger Swap but I'm interested.... Lemme know the details.... 8) 8)

nightgoat
02-03-2006, 06:24 PM
I might be interested. Maybe post some details about how many swappers, due date, etc....

Thanks for volunteering to host a swap!

Hairstacker
02-06-2006, 12:54 AM
Well, I'm ready whenever everyone else is, but since a number of folks are likely still tying flies for the "Mayfly Emerger Swap" (which are due Feb. 15), you may want to delay announcing this swap for a week or so. By delaying a bit, you'll probably get better participation. When you're ready, I would suggest you announce the swap under a new thread, with a deadline for sign-ups -- say, a week or two. Announce how many tiers the swap size will total (dozen?) and the due date when the flies must be received. I would also suggest you limit the scope of the swap to one category of flies -- for example, "attractors," or "bluegill flies," or "foam flies," or whatever, so folks have a clearer understanding of what they're signing up for and have a clue what type of flies they will receive. Also, identify any special requirements, like toe tags, self-addressed stamped envelopes, etc.