PDA

View Full Version : 2/2/06 River Flows- Changes to the Sac.

Terry Thomas
02-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Most of the flows remain the same as the past few days...the Sac. is scheduled for a change.

Sacramento River: Redding 15,000 cfs. This will be increased on Friday to 35,000 cfs.

American River: 7,500 cfs.

Feather River: 14,000 cfs. Low flow: 600 cfs.

Yuba River: 4110 cfs.

Klamath River: 4,530 cfs.

Trinity River: 1,850 cfs.

Chris Gearhart
02-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Maybe some of the better informed folks out there can help educate me. Are these resevoirs/lakes still recieving so much run off to justify these flows ? Maybe I have a short memory but I thought this is what we expect to see spring and early summer.
Maybe I am just getting cranky because I want to fish!!!

Chris

Darian
02-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Chris,.... Haven't checked the recorded in-flows but imagine they're quite high. :? Almost all of the recent storms have been in the "warm" category. That results in rain instead of snow at altitude which translates into high run-off. :( Even overnight temps in places like Truckee haven't been cold enough to "lock-up" the water content in existing snow.... :roll:

This'll continue until it either gets much colder or all of the ice/snow melts. :( :(

Of course, it means that low water will be available earlier than last year (....barring prolonged rainy periods). :) :)

Jgoding
02-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Hi guys,

If you look at the inflow and outflow of folsom they've been trying to keep it pretty close. The inflow bumped up right before they increased the outflow to the american so that's why it went up.

Jeff

BigWilly
02-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Folsom lake is really low they should let it fill up some what. They do this every year. Then comes summer and the lake is still low and they say sorry we didn’t receive as much water as we thought.