PDA

View Full Version : Blue nosed snapper

mems
02-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Aloha, this one is for Darian, but anyone else who cooks can chime in. I went to the local suisan fish store, and they had blue nosed snapper. I had never heard of such a beast, but the fillet looked just about the right size for the alder plank I use to smoke fish. I marinated and salted the fillet, and then smoked it. I poured a butter, lime, taragon, basil, and sweet red pepper sauce over it and got rave reviews form the wife and boy. I don't know what this fish looks like, but I never met a snapper I didin't like. Take care, and bon apetite. Mems.

jbird
02-01-2006, 11:04 PM
I never met a snapper I didin't like. :lol: :lol: dey all good!

Darian
02-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Don't know about the Snapper but that sauce really sounds good.... Yum!!!

Gonna have to go over to Corti Bros. (my local gourmet market) and ask if they have any Blue Nosed Snapper..... 8) 8)

Man, we got Blue Crab, Blue Eared Pheasant, Blue Fin Tuna, Blue Marlin.... Kinda looks like everything with Blue in it's name tastes great. :) :) :) I've been on a diet to get back down under 185 lbs..... Haven't been cooking much. :( Lotsa salads, tho. :) :)

Darian
02-02-2006, 05:07 PM
OK guys,.... Couldn't resist and went to Corti's today. :roll: Got a couple of good Snapper filets and plan to cook 'em up for dinner.... YUM!!!!! Watch out diet..... :roll: :roll: