PDA

View Full Version : How about the Yuba

Chris Gearhart
01-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Did anyone fish the Yuba over the weekend ? If so, how was it (flows,color,bugs,fish)?
The last time I was out was 12/16/05. Since then my schedule and the flows have kept me off the water. I'm going nuts. I think my wife wants me to fishing more than I want me to go fishing !!!! My next chance will be 2/10 but I have been watching the flows and they just dont seem to drop below 4k.
I guess God will teach me patience one way or another.

Chris

rrivera
01-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Hey Chris... What a coincidence; I'll be heading on a Float on the Y on the 10th myself... I'll be floating with a guide - Hope the water is productive by then...

Yes I did fish the Y on Sat, and went through everything that was big and nasty in the fly box again...

Water was lower for sure - But the color was the same as when the flows were at 8000; that was the last time I went.

Looks like the wife wins another month of honey do's from me... ](*,)

From what it looks like Chris, we may not see good clear water till March...

I have a good buddy that live near Englebright; and says that the lake is the same color as well, which means Bullards Bar might be suffering as well.

Doesn't help that the rains we have been getting are warm either - next thing ya know here comes the run-off...!!

Hope the river shapes up by hopper season... : :D

By then I'll have 2 years worth of honey do's done....

Take care and keep tying at least....

Ray

Chris Gearhart
01-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Ray, thanks for the info. I hope to see on the 10th I have a yellow/black on white Hyde.

As for the "honey-do" I am also storing up some serious points. I figure by the time the water straightens out I'll be on the water every weekend!!

Chris