PDA

View Full Version : Yuba Take-outs

koffler
01-25-2006, 11:15 AM
I went up to the gun club yesterday (right above Deguerre) and the river sure has changed again. Last year's floods changed the river dramatically in the lower reaches and has done so again. Fished for about an hour and managed to land a couple smaller fish. For those who have acccess to the gun club the take out is now at the "pipe" right next to the ponds. Also, there is a gravel bar that now extends from where the old take out was all the way down to the dam, or at least close. You can't take out right above the dam anymore. I was told a few drift boats have gotten out at the new access but the owner will get his back-hoe out soon to make the access a little easier for those with boats but that won't happen for a couple of weeks. The river was still pretty stained but should be clearing up soon - unfortunatel another storm is coming later this week which will impact clarity once again. I didn't look at the take out at Sycamore but heard it's much different than it used to be - Dry Creek was running huge during the recent rains and impacted the gravel bar where people used to take out. Good luck.

J.R. Hubbard
01-25-2006, 11:42 AM
I have some pictures if someone can post them?

brad_harrington
01-27-2006, 01:11 PM
How much of an insider do you have to be get access to takeout at the gun club on the Yuba? Anyone have any suggestions as to how a friendly outsider can get in?

Chris Gearhart
01-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Brad, you need to be a member of the gun club to have access there. The last I knew there was a waiting list to join as membership is limited to 100. Cost is $350/year. Of course most local guides have access so I guess you could go with a guide. I float it myself very regularly I would be glad to put you in the boat if we were there the same day.

Chris

koffler
01-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Last I heard the waiting list was up to 75+ people. As mentioned earlier access is limitied to a set # of people and people usually renew every year since it's gotten more popular. I've had a buddy on the list for 3+ years.....